THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 15, 2008

75th Post....and not a pleasant one.

Molly is sick. This has been an absolutely disgusting day. She had the runs and vomited in her cage last night, and apparently laid in it. So, after a bath, I proceeded to clean the cage, which was indescribable. We have given her medicine, so I'm hoping that that will take care of it. That's all I've got for today. I'm feeling kind of sick myself. Also, Carrie, I sent out the cd of those pictures, so there!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Ugh! Did she eat something that didn't agree with her??

Carrie said...

You didn't have to mail a cd. All you had to do was email them to me. That's free, you know! ;)

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

The only thing we can think of is that she caught something when she went to the dog park the other day. As far as emailing those, it was almost 20mgs worth of pics and would have taken quite a few emails to get all of them to you. As far as Molly's concerned, though, if this isn't better by Monday, we're running her to the vet.

Carrie said...

Make sure you're feeding her 2 cups boiled white rice to 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese + a couple tbs. of green beans.

Feed this to her (in small quantities) until her diarrhea goes away (no more than 3-4 days--if she still has it, take her in).

She could have parvo. It's not as dangerous in older puppies, but it's still pretty contagious to other dogs. Keep a close eye on Chica and bleach everything.

Is she vomiting? Call me tomorrow.

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

I thought that she was vaccinated for Parvo. Maybe I'm wrong.

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

Hey Carrie, It's Beth and I just wanted to let you know that I took her temp and it was normal (100.1) I will continue to monitor it though.

I have been trying to think if there is a pattern or what might be happening. The poor dog just can't seem to stay healthy. She must have a pretty lousy immune system.

Anonymous said...

I've also heard (from people it worked for) that canned pumpkin (no spices added) works really well for diahrrea in dogs. Don't go overboard with it cause it can have the opposite effect too.

Sorry Molly is sick. I can relate to cleaning out a stinky nasty crate. Just think of Dr. H--- when you are cleaning ;)

Carrie said...

Sure she was vaccinated, but no vaccination has a 100% rate of effectiveness. My kids have been vaccinated for measles, but they could still get them. A vaccination simply lowers the chance.

Her temp is good, so I still wouldn't take her in quite yet, unless she starts to seem dehydrated.