Where in my family does procrastination come from? I seem to be blessed with the lion's share of it. Case in point, this is the first blog I've done since July. I have tons of pictures to show, but I really don't want to take the time to post them. I'll do that later. Normally, I would get very frustrated at myself, but for some reason, I just think, "ahhh, I'll get it done later". I know that everyone suffers from this affliction, but I can't help but feel that I have a much more acute case of it. I'm definitely hoping that if and when Obama (yee-haw :-/ ) is elected president, I'll be able to use my procrastination as a disability. Every other character flaw that anyone has is.
Beth and I had a great time at Gatlinburg this past week. We celebrated our 5th anniversary where we spent our honeymoon. This time, Beth went with a game leg. She got a tear in her meniscus (I guess that's how you spell it) and in her ACL, and couldn't do a couple of things there. We did go horseback riding, which is always an adventure for me. Most horses, for some reason, feel the need to relieve themselves about 5 minutes after I've gotten on them. They then continue to relieve themselves every 5 minutes until I've gotten off of them. Maybe it's a defense mechanism...
Last order of business (for at least 3 more months), Beth and I may have found a house. We're both extremely excited. We've always wanted to live in Vienna, and we may have not only found the perfect house for us, but it is located in New Vienna, which I've heard is a lot better than the old Vienna. I'd never heard of New Vienna, OH, before now, but it's located about 30 minutes northeast of Cincinnati, near nowhere. Hopefully, it works out, but if it doesn't, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
That doesn't seem like a sufficient closing to a blog. What I will do for a closing is an inspirational quote from, from all places, "The Office", when Dwight was dressed up as the Sith lord and was talking to Michael, who has a paper mache head on his shoulders that Dwight thought was talking to Michael. Did you get all that? Here's the quote, from Dwight to the paper mache head.... "Shut up, you!" And with that, I'll shut up for now.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Procrastination and Other Random Thoughts
Posted by Beth and Jeremy Glass at 1:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! A new post!! Um, just so you know, I also "inherited" a large portion of procrastination. Ask Robert. He knows better than anyone.
Bummer about the knee stuff, but I'm glad Beth at least got to go horseback riding. Have you ever thought that maybe you give a horse gas?
I hope the house works out. There's just something about an apartment that feels so temporary. You need a real place to put down roots. Besides, Jared thinks you need more room for your animals. You can't go wrong in a place with the name "Vienna" in it. Well, maybe you can, but hopefully you won't.
Ha! The Office is my new favorite show and I love the dialogue between Dwight and the paper mache head!
I like Michael Scott's nuggets of wisdom such as "the early worm gets the worm".
I have all the seasons on DVD. I'm an addict.
Post a Comment