This has been the most hectic Christmas holiday that I can remember. We started getting presents way in advance, finishing most of them by Thanksgiving. So it seems only fitting that we lost a present going to Frankfort (sorry Jarred, we'll find it), forgetting Carrie's Christmas exchange present (we're mailing it out tomorrow), not getting a couple of presents in time (two Farkle games that were in our mailbox when we got back, figures), Beth having to wait until the 30th for her main present, our car making funny noises that were fixed 260 dollars later, the car making more funny noises while we're heading home, and a general lack of sleep, have made for the best Christmas that I can remember. I don't know what it was about this year, but the spirit of Christmas was stronger with me this year than in a long time. That, and a new bag of golf clubs might help a little.
Finally, can someone explain to me why there are just certain sounds in music that just grate on a person? The Christmas song that starts out "Hang low the mistletoe", and the commercial for Zune or Zuma, I don't remember, that has the rapper Common and the guy with the pharaoh's hat on. The music in both of those for some reason just drive me crazy. What causes that? It's like Pavlov's dog. The moment I hear those songs I drool and growl. Is it something programmed in my brain, or what? Anyway, that's all I've got for now.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas is over...get ready for the letdown.
Posted by Beth and Jeremy Glass at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey, don't discount the Christmas miracle, though!
Oh, and I doubt Jared realized he was missing anything!
Post a Comment