THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love this stuff!

So, here's number 136 of why I'm glad I married Beth. I'm in the process of doing something that I've always been interested in. We're going to try over the next several years to visit every presidential birthplace, house, and burial place. I love this stuff, but I realize that some would find it extremely boring. Fortunately, Beth has told me many times how much she enjoys this. I personally think that the past girls I dated would have hated this kind of stuff, so I'm very thankful that I found the girl that likes doing this. So what is reason number one of why I'm glad I married Beth? Because she puts up with me. I know this isn't a very long blog, but if you ask anyone, I'm not much of a talker. Well, I'd better go, Molly is attacking Chica again.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

How many have you done so far??

Anonymous said...

Cool! That is a neat idea!! Hmmm....I didn't know you like that kind of "history" stuff. Seems I recall a certain trip to Philadelphia that a couple of kids thought was sooooo boooo-ring. Guess you like history better when you've got some history behind you! :)

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

I've done U.S. Grant, W.H. Taft, Ben. Harrison, and we've seen William Harrison's Tomb. Sometime after we get back, we are going to Harding and Hayes' homes. I didn't necessarily find the Philly trip boring, I was just exhausted from the car ride :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't forget you have been to both George Washington's house and burial place. Also Lincoln's home in southern Indiana and Kennedy's tomb. It doesn't really surprise me you enjoy these things, as almost every vacation we ever took always had "some" historical value to it, along with all the fun and excitement. Besides Presidents, you have been to Ben Franklin's and Paul Revere's Graves, and personally knew Raymond Graves. Dad