THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I guess now's the time

I've been considering a career change. It's something that Beth and I have only talked about in passing, but I've never really been serious about until now. First off, don't get me wrong. I've been very grateful for the job that I've had for the past 4 going on 5 years. The problem is, it's a dead-end job (I'm not saying that jokingly, I just mean there's no room for advancement). I guess I've always taken the easy way out in life. 4 years at GBS, which I don't consider a waste, but again, at my age, I realize I probably could have done more, and the fact that I chickened out of the military (the thing I'm most ashamed of), have been making me feel kind of blue. Again, don't get me wrong, if I hadn't gone to GBS, or joined the military, I wouldn't have met Beth, so that alone makes what I've done worth it, but I like to feel like I'm making a difference. So recently, I've been shopping around. I've been wanting to go into meteorology for a long time. Not the type of person that stands in front of a t.v. screen, just the research part of it. I figure at age 29, I'd better get started. They probably don't have online training for that, do they?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meteorology ? On line training ? I studied that once when I saw one of those things burning up as it entered the atmosphere. I thought to myself, boy I bet that's hot !! I really couldn't think of anything after saying that, so assumed the study part was not all that time consuming. Like any meteorologist, you can be wrong, or you can be meteor right. It all pays the same. guess who?

Carrie said...

Of course, you know how I feel--you should go for it!

Shoot, though, if you want to do the military, do the military.

Go, Jer, Go!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I am really proud of our military people, but, I guess I am so glad none of my grandchildren are in the service, esp. now that Obama is in office. You have a wife, now, and you can get more schooling for anything you want to do. Pray about it, ask God what He wants you to do and trust Him to lead you and guide you. Don't ever feel bad about not joining the service. Someone has to stay home and carry on the duties of everyday life. Some were made for that kind of life, some weren't. I don't think you could handle it, Jeremy, you are too soft -hearted, loving, and kind.I wouldn't have you any other way. love u, granmaG.