THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At Home in Hardeeville

Judging by the last few posts, I like to update the blog every time that we move, so, for those who have lost track, let me give you an update from the last entry:
June 20, 2010, saw our house that we were renting go up in flames. From then to July of 2011, we had found our residence once again at Arbors of Anderson, where we had previously lived for 4 or 5 years, I can't remember.
In May of 2011, my job that I had for almost 7 years ended when the Dr. I helped take care of passed away at the ripe old age of 90. Fast forward to now.
Beth and I had been discussing even before I lost my job the prospect of relocating. At the time, it was just talk, because I would have never up and left the job I had, and we had never sat down and looked at areas to relocate to. That all changed May 3, when Dr. Helm died.
After the funeral, Beth and I sat down to discuss where to go from here. That is when I floated the idea of relocation. Cincinnati was and is not an area flush with jobs. That is, jobs that don't involve computers. There were plenty of those, but computers are not my strong suit by any stretch of the imagination. I wanted a job and an area that we could work and retire from down the road. After much, much careful debate, we decided to look into areas along the east coast.
I've always loved the east coast. I love the slower pace, the friendly people, and the laidback lifestyle that North/South Carolina offers. So, Beth and I decided that since South Carolina was a state that was widely known lately for having plenty of new jobs available, we would give two areas a look. One was Charleston, the other, the Hilton Head/Beaufort area. To make a long story short, we fell in love with the little town of Hardeeville. We found a beautiful apartment that is cheaper than the one we had, the cost of living is cheaper, and we couldn't be happier. So, without further ado, here are some pics of our new digs:










The only thing is, the dogs aren't taking the move well:



New blog coming in the next day or so.

5 comments:

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

Looks good babe :)

Carrie said...

Wow! Looks great! Did you decorate too?

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

I had help with the decorating. Beth was down here for a while, and gave the decoration ideas. You should know that if it looks great, I was not the decorator :-/

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I could not see the pictures earlier... just blank white rectangles. The blank is not a substitute for a curse word.. just a word that means there was nothing there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah... I like your apartment !!