THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 02, 2011

Palmetto Bluffs, Irene, and P90X

A weird combination, that's for sure. If you're familiar with any of these, you would think of a place, person, and program. You would be right about two of them. Palmetto Bluffs is a high-end paradise between our house and...well....out there (I just waved my hand in the general direction). A place where the land parcels start at around 600,000 and the lots with actual homes on them are around 7 mil.  It was kind of discouraging, when I realized the value of the car Beth and I were exploring this place in was probably less than the property taxes these people pay in a month.








All of this exploring was done with Hurricane Irene in the distance. You can see from some of the above pictures that she was lurking in the southeast, just waiting for us to be caught too far away from the car. In the end, she didn't do too much to us. We got about 3 inches of rain and some decent wind, but it wasn't so bad that we couldn't go to the beach and get pictures.
Beth and I decided the picture above was our favorite.
The waves were only about 10 feet, but I'm not that stupid. The poor lifeguard forced to stay at her post had to watch out for these Darwin Award finalists.


Finally, if you're familiar with P90X at all, you will know it is an exercise program. The X stands for "extreme". I agree wholeheartedly. I have done some of the programs on it, but have never actually stuck with the program for the full 90 days. Starting today, September 2, 2011, that changes. That's where you come in. I bring this up to make myself accountable to you. I'm not following the diet plan that goes along with it, though. Why? To put it bluntly, I love meat. Tony Horton, the 50 year old guy that started this program, is either vegetarian or vegan, I'm not sure which. He looks about 30, but if he looks that way because he doesn't eat meat, then I'm out of luck in that department. Luckily, I've always looked young for my age, anyway.

This has probably been the longest blog I've ever posted. So, for now, I'm off to the land of post-workout pain...
This is not the land of post-workout pain.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Jer... Can't wait to get down there in October. Dad