THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 04, 2008

An Anniversary (of sorts)

I have no pictures, but I did want to let all 3 of you that frequent our blog that it is 5 years ago to the day that I proposed to Beth. I found it quite fitting that it has rained here all day, just like it did 5 years ago. I had planned on asking her during the fireworks, but they had been postponed due to the rain. Beth and I sat huddled under a blanket, when some guy came over (from Missouri) and started talking about John Wesley. I have no idea why he was brought up, but I was getting more and more uncomfortable, because time was slowly ticking away, and the fireworks were now an hour late.

Finally, Mr. Wesley reincarnated left us, and I prayed silently for the fireworks to start. Then, Beth's cell phone rings. It was her cousin Trisha, and her soon to be husband Johnathan, trying to find us. I heard Beth through the fog in my brain tell me that they would be "over here in about 2 minutes". I told her than I'd better ask her a question now, or I'd never get a chance. To make a long story short, she said yes, and five years later, I'm musing about the past, drinking my Metamucil, waiting for my night pills to kick in.

As an interesting side note, we had our caricatures done earlier that day. I told the guy I was going to propose to her that night, and he drew her with a ring on her finger. I don't think she even noticed.

I just want Beth to know that this has been an unbelievable 5 years and I love you more and more. Here's to the next 50.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww..........

Carrie said...

Happy Engagement Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Heehee... sorry to muddle up your plans! If it makes you feel any better, Jonathan proposed to me in a parking lot by our car because he took me on a downtown carriage ride and the driver stayed turned halfway in his seat talking to us the entire time. Aahh! The best laid plans of mice and men. Trish