Jer came home from work yesterday and told me that for Valentines Day he was going to take me to the pound and let me pick a cat...Well, you know how I feel about anything being without a mate to play with. Thus came Spite and Malice. The decision was thought through with care...I chose black because there was a survey that I read that said more black cats and dogs are put to sleep every year because people think that others are prettier. The small short haired one had this tremendously big meow and would wail at you if you put him down, so I had to walk out holding him. He is a real character. I knew I had to have him when the lady walked in and introduced him as the terror of the cat pen. He and Chica really have a time playing together.I also got roses, a box of candy, and a card.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Spite & Malice
Posted by Beth and Jeremy Glass at 5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
AWWWW, how adorable. It's so nice to hear that your cats are from the pound. It sickens me how people pay big money for pets while there's so many in pounds. Fysh, my brother's dog, was adopted from the pound, and he's the most well mannered dog I've ever known.
Oh, and Yes, ALL the pets I've ever owned were pounds (not puppies/kittens either. I prefer full grown pets.) Anyway, I didn't know about black cats being put to sleep more. I LOVE black cats. Anyway, your new family members are sooooo cute. Congrats!!!!
Welcome to the family, Spite and Malice! Who came up with those names, by the way? They sound suspiciously like something Jer would come up with. ;)
Be prepared for hours of entertainment! Cats Rule!
Oh yes, the little one with the big wail sounds suspiciously like Diesel. That's how I got sucked in to choosing a cobby black cat who insists on riding on my shoulders when I go out to get the newspaper!
The funny thing is, Spite plays with Chica almost exactly like Diesel. The only difference is, Spite doesn't graze.
I do like the cat, but I worry about the food bill. I guess we'll have to put having kids off a little longer. Joking...Maybe...Maybe not...I can't decide.
It looks like Chica isn't quite as outsized, though...
Chica loves to "mother" this poor cat. They groom constantly, and the cat hates it when Chica is in her cage. I am now a very small fish in the very big pond of attention-getting. Sigh
Why do you think Robert will only let me have one cat?
Actually, believe it or not, I named them:-) Beth
Angela If you can even believe this, they said that a lot of people won't adopt black cats because of superstitions.....Isn't that the craziest thing that you ever heard of?
Post a Comment