This is the girl that Jer and I sponsor through World Vision. Her name is Nupur and she was born on my birthday, March 4th. She is 11 years old. I think that she is a beautiful little girl. Below is the info that we got from World Vision about her.
Born: Mar 04, 1995
Grade: 6
Favorite Subject: National Language
Health: Good
Favorite Play: Skipping Rope
Gender: Girl
Chores: Help In Kitchen
Country: Bangladesh
Thank you! You have sponsored Nupur from Bangladesh.
Nupur lives with her parents, 3 brothers, and 2 sisters. Her parents struggle to provide for the family. Her father is a subsistence farmer and her mother takes care of the household. Despite their efforts, it is difficult to meet the family's needs.
Nupur is growing up in a crowded community near Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. A typical family home is one room with bamboo walls, a metal roof and a dirt floor. Community members survive on rice, fish and whatever vegetables they can afford. The climate in this region changes from wet to dry, with temperatures as high as 90 degrees and as low as 48 degrees.
Nupur is in high school and she enjoys studying the national language. She helps at home with kitchen work. She likes to skip rope. She is in good health.
We are thankful for your commitment and your prayers so these precious children and their families are able to experience the love of God and life in all its fullness.
Below is the pic of the boy that we sponsor and I am so excited because we just got our first letter from him. He is 5 and has such a stormy expression in his pic that Jer and I call him our little storm cloud. He is a cutie though
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Our "Children"
Posted by Beth and Jeremy Glass at 9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
They are adorable! I know how rewarding it is for Jonathan and I to sponsor our little guy. His name is Nsaguye ( don't ask me how you pronounce it, it has too many consonants!) and he's from Rwanda. He's so cute too!
We're sponsoring Sidan, from Cambodia. He a year older than Brennan and we've gotten several letters from him (written by his uncle) We've sponsored him for about 3 or 4 years.
Hi Jeremy and Beth,
The children look so sweet. I can't watch the commercials though, they make me cry. It makes me want to get on a plane, and bring a plane load of kids home with me. I'm still working towards adopting a little girl..... Someday ~sigh~
That would be wonderful Angela. It would be great situation for you and the little girl. You would be a great mom.
Thank you, but it's hard for single women to adopt.... Supposedly alot of homosexuals claim they are "single" just so they can adopt. The government is really cracking down on it. It's like I say, if it's meant to be, it will happen... Personally, I would love to adopt more than one...
I remember vividly my parents trying to find a guardian for all four of us kids when they made out their will. If it wasn't for aunt Ida, we'd been split up if anything happened to my parents.. She was willing to take all four of us if anything happened, of course she was single and had a pretty good paying job..... I would love to find a sibling group somewhere and take the whole "family".
Better yet, find a good,decent, honest, Christian man (They are rare and hard to find.) and settle down and have my own.
If it was up to me, I'd have a whole house full of kids. Maybe someday....
We just got a letter today from Nsaguye and it was so adorable! He can't write in English very well but he wrote a crooked line of numbers 1 through 20, drew a ball and what looks like it might be a truck, and wrote the words "God, vehicle, and ball" It totally made my day!
I know. I can't wait for our first letter. Our little guy was too young to write until recently, although he did trace his hand and send it to us. It was so cute. When I signed up to sponsor the little girl, they told me that the first letter from Thabo(our little boy) was on its way and I check the mail for it every day. Nupur is 11 so she should be old enough to write right away. I love it!
Post a Comment