THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 11, 2006

America, May We Never Forget!!

September 11, 2001

I find that the question being asked by everyone (including me) is, "Where were you on 9/11? I was in Mrs. Wolf's college class. I was in shock, of course, and after class was over, promptly skipped Dr. Brown's class and went to Wal-Mart to watch what I thought was the impossible happening. Beth said that she was sleeping at the time, and one of her cousins woke them up with a phone call.

The thing that impressed me the most about 9/11 was not the response of the United States on the enemy, the courage of the people on Flight 93 (although that fills me with great pride), or even the firefighters and police officers that responded (again, I was filled with great pride with those brave men and women who sacrificed everything). It was the unity of America. For a few brief days, party lines, race, gender and self-importance were forgotten. We were more concerned about the greater good than what we wanted.

I have compiled the next few pictures in honor of those who sacrificed everything in order to protect our freedoms...








The last 2 pictures posted above said that they were taked by a photographer who was killed when the second tower fell and these were the last 2 pictures that he ever took!!

This is a picture of the Pentagon after the attack on it closely following the attack on the tower.

I think that it would be the ultimate display of courage and selflessness to be heading into an area that everyone else is trying to come out of to help rescue them!!





I think that the picture above symbolizes so much!!

This is the memorial to the brave people on Flight 93 that thwarted the attack on the White House.

Lastly, these are the light memorials that are set up at ground zero on the site where the Twin Towers once stood.

I hope that this day never diminishes, in the severity of what happened, in the minds and hearts of the American people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures brought back memories of that fateful day. I think we need to keep it in mind as to what horrible deed was done that day. Pray for our men fighting for us. Love you kids .

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

That's the truth Deb...Thanks!!

jmakcen said...

Wow, what a powerful collection of pictures! Definitely brought back a lot of emotions from that day. I remember I was cleaning for some people at the time and I had the TV on as I was folding some laundry when the news broke. I just sat there and cried. I didn't want to watch but at the same time I couldn't make myself stop. It definitely was a life altering day.

Anonymous said...

What an awsome tribute to the fallen.Love Ya,