I wanted to tell you guys something really funny that had happened when Jeremy and I were at the Reds game. As you probably know, we were playing the Cubs and had two really obnoxious and loud Cubs fans in front of us. The guy beside us and to the right of them had a shirt on that said Cubs Suck on the back and he kept standing up and acting like he was stretching but he would face the saying on the back of his shirt toward these Cubs fans....He would then look back over his shoulder and grin at them. The really funny thing was that what you couldn't see when the guy was sitting down but could when he stood up was that lower down on the shirt, it said 97 years and counting. As if that wasn't funny enough, the guys were complaining about the saying on the shirt and Jeremy (in his quiet, quick witted way) said," So, they have had almost a century of excellence." This statement struck me as being extremely funny and the more I laughed, the more upset they became. It was really funny.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I think it's hideous that the Cubs are so bad. I remember back in my time, (1955) that the Cubs were...well, bad. Maybe the "tradition of excellence" has something to it.
Count Dracula
Post a Comment