I just got finished watching the very moving memorial to Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin that aired on the animal planet and if you get a chance to watch it, I would definately recommend it. I cried the whole way through it, while my loving husband laughed at me. One of the saddest moments was when his Dad was speaking and stated, "Don't mourn for Steve, he is at peace now. Mourn for the wildlife who have lost their best friend....As have I." (I am about to start crying again) The other thing that stood out to me was when they were reading a poem and I can't remember the exact wording, but it said something about the sound that people have been hearing is the sound of the crocodiles crying.
I also read an article on the web that said that at least a dozen sting rays have been killed following Steve's death and I think that woud have been the last thing that he would have wanted....so then I cried some more. ( I know, I know...I'm a baby)





3 comments:
I really enjoyed what his daughter read!! She said her dad was her hero!!!
I know....That was so sad, but she stayed so brave throught the whole thing..She is adorable and was definately her Daddy's girl.
Hi Beth, don't worry about crying, I did enough of that too with the passing of Steve. I can see his daughter walking in his footsteps someday.
Post a Comment